Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I complete my child’s registration from a Smartphone, Tablet, or PC?

Yes.  The registration link can be accessed and will be supported from any device. If you have any questions in regards to the Registration Link, contact Registrars via email at [email protected] or [email protected] or call 860-584-7033. Office hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.

Who should be filling out the registration link?

Information must be entered by a Parent/Guardian who lives with the student.  If a student is under DCF custody, the DCF Worker assigned to the case is required to complete registration.

Can I submit more than one registration if I want to restart again due to an error?

No.  If there is information that needs to be changed after you have submitted the registration form, please contact the Registrars via phone or email.
What school will my child attend?
School is assigned based on your address.  You can check your school by using the Versatrans link located on the registration pages. Registrars will confirm your child's school once registration is completed.

How do I change my child's address?

If your address has changed since your child started school, please click on the change of address tab and complete the change of address form to update your child's address.

At what age can a student begin Kindergarten?

Children are eligible to begin kindergarten in the fall of the year they turn five.  

Will I need to register my child for kindergarten if he/she attends Bristol Early Childhood Center?

If your child attends the Bristol Early Childhood Center, your child is already registered. You will only need to update your child's medical information for kindergarten admission.  If your address has changed since your child started school, please click on the change of address tab and complete the change of address form to update your child's address.
What do I need to do to register my child successfully? STEP ONE:

Prior to accessing the registration link, please have the following documents uploaded on your device (via scan, dropbox, or picture library):

  1. One (1) Student's ID (examples below)
    1. birth certificate
    2. current passport
    3. current Permanent Resident Alien Card
  2. One (1) Parent's picture identification (examples below)
    1. current driver's license
    2. current State of CT issued ID
    3. current passport
    4. current Permanent Resident Alien Card
  3. One (1) Primary proof of residency (examples below)
    1. current lease - signed and dated by both tenant and landlord
    2. current mortgage statement
    3. current house property tax bill)
  4. One (1) Secondary proof of residency (examples below)
    1. pages 1 and 2 of current electric or gas bill showing "service address"
    2. current auto insurance showing name and current address
    3. current pay stub showing name and current address
    4. current determination letter showing name and current address from BHA, DSS, SS, SSDI, or Husky 


Medical clearance must be obtained prior to the first day of school in order to attend.  Please upload your child's medical information to the online registration form or submit to the Bristol-Burlington Health District via email or fax to: Liz McGuire RN - School Health Services Coordinator. The email address is: [email protected].  The fax number is 860-584-3814. Parents can also have their child’s health care provider send the medical information via fax to the attention of Liz McGuire - Bristol–Burlington Health District. Parents will be contacted directly if there are any questions or concerns about the medical information submitted.  

The following documents are required to obtain medical clearance:

  1.  Current Physical 
  2.  Immunization Record 
  3.  Health Assessment Form  
  4.  Health History Form 
  5.  Dental Form 

How can I prove residency if I am living with a friend or relative?

To establish residency when living with a relative or friend, the parent and host (Bristol resident) will need to complete a Residency Affidavit Form.  Please click on the Residency Affidavit tab for further information. Please contact Central Registration with questions or concerns.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.