Below is a list of just a few of last year's happenings throughout our district!
- Parents of the Gifted Night- This event provides an overview and resources for parents of newly identified students.
- Creative Writing Workshops -Quinnipiac University professor Ken Cormier was back in Bristol conducting his much talked about workshops to help students in the creative writing process. Ken worked with students from Bristol Central, Chippens Hill Middle School and Northeast Middle School inspiring some truly imaginative and creative writing.
- Invention Convention-Ivy Drive and South Side schools competed in the Invention Convention with groups of highly engaged students. Gifted coaches Casey Reynolds and Julia Darcy again guided their inventors to new heights!
- Alumni Breakfast- Mrs. Dickau as she once again showcased some of the incredibly talented students that have called Bristol schools home. Students from various professional fields return to share stories that are sure to inspire the next generation of distinguished alumni!
- United Nations Trip- Bristol Eastern Coach John Stavens took students to New York for a wonderful field trip to the United Nations. This was a trip that students truly enjoyed and came away from with lots of added knowledge. What a great experience!
- STEM Hands on Learning with Tinker Crates-Lindsay Revoir, CHMS gifted coach was very excited to offer hands on STEM projects this year. Mrs. Revoir worked with students on planning, building, and testing a variety of unique projects that students were able to take home upon completion.
- Holiday Gift Drive - Northeast students, led by gifted coaches Pat Fish and Mary Beth Kennedy sponsored 25 children for this year's holiday gift drive.
- Shakesperience - Northeast students participated in a day of fun and creative performance workshops with the crew from Shaksperience. Perhaps we have some future stage actors and actresses among us!
- Math Club - West Bristol elementary gifted coach Ms. Hurwitz has started the after school math club, with fun filled learning challenges like Glow in the Dark Geometry!
- Seussical the Musical - Mountain View school gifted coach Mrs. Pratt directed the play Seussical. Rehearsals took place after school in the MTV gymnasium. What a fun and creative way to offer something new to our students!
- Genius Boxes - Stafford gifted coach Mr. Tartarelli hosted after school enrichment using Genius Boxes. Genius boxes offer hands on collaborative STEM projects for our students. What a great opportunity for some fun, hands on learning!
- After School Improv. - West Bristol middle school gifted coach Scott Sirianni partnered with New Britain Youth Theater for some fun filled after school improv. sessions. Using improv. can greatly enhance creative thinking and these workshops were most certainly great opportunities for students!