21st Century Learning Expectations
- Students can read actively and critically to comprehend information of increasingly complex texts, from a variety of sources.
- Students can demonstrate effective written, spoken and mathematical communication for a range of purposes and audiences.
- Students can engage in appropriate collaborative and independent inquiry to question, investigate/research a topic, gather and present information.
- Students can apply concepts allowing them to frame, analyze, and solve a range of increasingly complex problems involving real world scenarios.
- Students can construct clear and concise arguments to support their reasoning and will appropriately critique the reasoning of others.
Social and Civic Expectations
- Students can use interpersonal and collaborative skills required to keep harmony in a diverse community.
- Students can demonstrate an understanding of changing global issues and their worldwide impact.
- Students can participate in the democratic process due to their understanding of the process and by staying informed.