Preschool Programs for Bristol Residents
- School Readiness at Mountain View School
- School Readiness at South Side School
- School Readiness at Ivy Drive School
- School Readiness at Hubbell School
Early Childhood Pre-K at Greene-Hills School
- Early Childhood Learning Center - Community Peers at the Bristol Early Childhood Center
- 240 Stafford Avenue (three and a half years of age and four years of age)
Bristol Public Schools provides a language rich learning experience in which all children, regardless of ability, learn and interact together in an educational setting.
We focus on skills to prepare children for Kindergarten.
The curriculum is child-centered. The daily routine consists of circle time, small group activities, center time, large and small motor activities and a nutritious snack.
A transdisciplinary model is utilized with early childhood educators, special education teachers, teaching assistants, and related services staff.
The preschool programs meet for half day sessions either mornings or afternoons.
Children are selected following a screening process.
Children who are Kindergarten age eligible - turn 5 on or before January 1 -are not eligible for the Preschool Programs.
You must be a resident of Bristol and provide proof of residency.
We have a limited number of slots available and need to know that when a student enrolls, the parent makes a commitment to having their child attend every day unless they are ill. Students who are repeatedly truant will be asked to leave the program. At that time, a child on the wait-list will be added to the class.