Events, Field Trips & Activities
Events, Field Trips and Activities
On Site Workshops
Health Care Panel - Professionals from Bristol Hospital, Saint Francis and a private practice gathered at Bristol Central to provide important information for those students who interested in pursuing a career in the healthcare field. Professionals provided information such as, educational background, their path to their career, moving forward etc. This was also a great opportunity for students to make connections, network and establish job shadows. We thank all of those professionals who took time out of their day to speak to our students.
Workshops and Career Panels are in the process of being scheduled. Please continue to check in to receive the latest information.
Companies and Organizations that are interested in hosting students with job shadows, internships, informational interviews, should contact Kelley Longo (860) 584-7735, ext. 166 or email@example.com
Off-Site Courses, Camps, and Workshops
The following workshops, courses, and camps are listed for your review. The programs listed are not necessarily endorsed by the Bristol Public Schools. Parents and students should carefully research and consider the benefits of any supplemental program, especailly if there is a cost involved. Speaking with the career counselor, the guidance counselor or other staff is highly recommended. The dollar sign indicates that a fee ( from minimal $ to costly $$$$) is required
MW Industries Tour - 15 to 20 students will be invited to take a tour of MW Industries in Southington, CT. As a newly developed and modern manufacturing facility, they have opened their doors to our students in order to engage and instill interest in the manufacturing world of work. Student who are interested in manufacturing, engineering, engineering sales and development are encouraged to sign up to attend with Mrs. Longo. Permission slips will be available in the Guidance office.
Bristol High School Job Fair for Seniors - This year's senior job fair will be held at Bristol Eastern High School. Those seniors who are interested in attending this job fair on 5/26/2016 at 12:00 - 1:30 pm. should see Mrs. Longo to sign up. You MUST have a resume in hand in order to attend.
The University of Connecticut Health Center - High School Mini Medical/Dental School Program 2016
Description of the Program is as follows:
- A series of eigh weekly lectures presented by faculty members of the UConn Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine.
- Two-hour lecture sessions held once a week from 4pm - 6pm (with a 10 minute break at 5pm).
- Topics of discussion on biology, psychology, cardiology, oncology and dental medicine.
- Students are selected by their school guidance counselors or science teachers.
- Students receive a certificate at the end of the program.
- Excellent addition to the student's resume.
- Snacks and soft drinks are provided.
- There is no cost to attend the program (or any of our programs).
- Students who participate in this program are then at HCOP pipeline student who have first priority in the selection process in our other programs.
- For a listing of our programs, see our webiste www.hcop.uchc.edu
Criteria for Students:
- 11tha nd 12th grade students who are in-state residents.
- Students must have an "A" or "B" grade point average.
- Students who are interested in pursuing careers in medicine, dental medicine and the biological sciences.
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from UConn Heath Center, 263 Farmington, Ave., Farmington, CT
Please see your school counselor for more information and how to apply. The deadline is January 16, 2016.