AP Calculus Summer Assignment
1. GET A 3 RING BINDER. I’d suggest 2.5 inches. We use LOTS of AP related worksheets and handouts.
2. TRIGONOMETRY. You must be able to find the sine, cosine, tangent, cotangent … of angles (in radians) from 0 to 2 pi. Be prepared for a quiz the first day. I suggest using the unit circle and the 30-60-90 and the 45-45-90 special right triangles – I dislike simple memorization since folks forget. If you can’t handle stop in to rm 112, say hi and ask for help if need be.
3. The Natural Log. You need understand the graph of the function y=ln(x). You need to know how this curve behaves, and know what is going on …
- If x < 0
- At x = 0 / when x approaches 0
- At x = e
- When x approaches infinity