JOIN US ON FACEBOOK! - Northeast Middle School, PTO
One of the goals of the PTO is to increase parent participation and support, and provide various enrichment opportunities, for all students, throughout the year.
Each year we ask you to show your support for our school and for the good works of the PTO by becoming a member of the PTO. Membership “dues” are only $5.00 per year.
Membership does not require you to come to monthly meetings or participate in any committees (although we’d appreciate it if you would!).
It simply shows your support for activities that the teachers and parents plan throughout the year, such as:
In the past, the PTO has:
- Designed and sold “spirit wear” at various athletic functions
- Paid for buses for field trips to the CT Science Center and Mystic Seaport which considerably lowered the cost of the field trip for the students
- Paid for an inspirational speaker / hip hop group to perform during an all-school assembly
- Held raffles at the parent-teacher conferences in fall and spring
- Purchased two ELMO projectors for the math department
- Purchased snacks for all students during the week of CMT’s
- Hosted “teacher appreciation week” including a catered luncheon by Nuchie’s
- Purchased the on-stage flowers for graduation