1. Science Department Goals
What is the science department philosophy?
Science Department Philosphy:
The science curriculum should help students to discover relationsips and concepts that will lead to a deeper understanding and appreciation of the world they live in. Students examine factual knowledge concerning the laws and conditions of the physical and biological world. All science courses are laboratory-oriented.
Science Department Goals:
Through a planned, sequential curriculum, Bristol Public Schools strive to educate each student in conjunction with the State Standards for science education. The goals of the Science Department are to involve student
- in collaborative problem solving
- in the safe and proper use and care of equipment
- in the observation and collection of data
- in the interpretation of data
- in communicating both orally and in writing their results of experiments
- in the use of technology to gather information and apply it to their daily lives
Next Generation Science Standards: