Contact/Sponsor: Mr. Johnson, Art Teacher Grades 6,7,8
GREENE-HILLS SCHOOL ART CLUB
- The Art Club is designed for students with a sincere interest in the Visual Arts. Art Activities, community involvement and charitable fundraising experiences are planned during the school year to further provide opportunities for learning and personal expression. In the past, the Art club has been awarded two proclamations from the Bristol Youth Services for charitable contributions in the local community.
- Morning notices will include any announcements concerning Art Club Meetings, so please be sure to listen carefully. Meetings will be held on Thursdays after school in room 245 starting at 3:00PM and ending at 4:30PM. Clean-up will begin at 3:45PM in order to leave on time for the late bus. Attendance will be taken at every meeting.
The requirements for membership are as follows:
- A STUDENT MUST MAINTAIN A “C” OR BETTER GRADE IN EVERY SUBJECT. THE MAIN EMPHASIS WILL BE ON YOUR CITIZEN/CONDUCT GRADES. N OR X GRADES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE! YOU MUSTMAINTAIN GOOD GRADES AT ALL TIMES TO REMAIN IN THE ART CLUB. You will be expected to present your report card after each trimester.
- You are expected to behave yourself and be respectful at all times. The idea is to provide you with additional opportunities to learn more about art with enjoyable and meaningful experiences throughout the school year. In order to accomplish this, your cooperation is necessary.
- Students will not be allowed to use our meeting times solely for the purpose of socializing. You are also expected to stay in the art room and never leave without permission. Again, we want this to be fun and rewarding for everyone and it will be if you follow a few basic rules. It would be very sad and unfortunate if you were asked to leave because of poor behavior. It will be up to you.
- A Possible Art Fundraiser: Optional participation Reason: To provide support for various community charities. Donations will be raised and members will vote on the allocation of funds.
- Charity Projects: Pumpkin Painting, Hot Chocolate Sundaes (Mix) for Oct. P/T Conferences.
- Oct. Parent/Teacher Conferences :Volunteer to sign up as a helper during evening or afternoon conferences to sell decorate pumpkins, sundaes, etc. for the Annual Art Club Charity Fundraiser. (A permission slip is required.)
- Nov. Thanksgiving Dinner Decorations: At GHS for the cafeteria. (Optional)
- Window Painting : Country Side Manor Health Care Center (Bristol). Also creation & distribution of holiday greeting cards for all of the residents and staff. (Parents provide transportation and a permission slip is required.)
- Cheshire Ct. MS Walk: An opportunity to volunteer to help with face painting, etc. at Cheshire High School Art Projects: The School Year Book Cover Contest (Optional) Examples: Clay Projects (Clay Whistles and Bird Houses), Sculptures, Paper Maché Beads, etc.
- Guest Speakers: Examples: Art Therapist, Freelance Illustrator, Professional Artist, etc.
- Additional Field Trips (Local Museums, if possible): Example: Carousel Museum
- May Art Field Trip (N.Y. or Boston): An all day visit to one or more major art museums, places of interest, etc. (Will begin to make arrangements for this trip in February in order to schedule for a Thursday or Friday in May.)Art Club End of Year Party in June: (For all Art Club members and students involved with the May Art Field Trip. ( No charge to students. )