Annual Review Meeting Process
In early spring of each year, the progress of every student in the program is reviewed for increased English proficiency and academic achievement.
The Annual Review meeting is conducted by a team comprised of the TESOL teacher/tutor, ELL Supervisor and/or Principal and guidance.
Input from the classroom teacher is obtained prior to the meeting.
The Annual Review Form consists of one page with results of the Spring administration of the LAS Links English proficiency test, as well as an update of the student's improvements in Listening/Speaking & Reading/Writing skills.
Dependent on the student's English proficiency level, another page is attached which highlights:
- An overall statement of the LAS Links English proficiency levels
- Learning characteristics at the measured English proficiency level
- Appropriate modifications for the student, including assessments and grading
- Suggested teaching strategies
- Specific recommendations for the student for next year.
A copy is placed in the student's ELL folder & sent home to the parent.