The program provides opportunities for student-athletes:
- To Work With Others – A student-athlete must develop self –discipline, respect for authority and the spirit of hard work and self sacrifice. The team and its objectives must be placed higher than personal desires.
- To Compete – Although we cannot always win, we can strive for excellence.
- To Develop Sportsmanship – To accept the outcome of every contest in a sportsmanlike manner.
- To Develop Desirable Personal Health Habits – It is important to obtain a high degree of physical fitness through exercise and good health habits. It additionally fosters the desire to maintain this level of physical fitness after formal competition has been completed.
- To Enjoy Athletics – Athletic participation increases personal satisfaction as well as personal achievement.