|To offer a course at Bristol Adult Education, the following forms must be received by the Main Office either as email attachments, by mail or in person.|
- A completed Job Application - online at www.generalasp.com/Bristol/onlineapp
- Three letters of reference from people who know your character, and/or have worked with you in the area this course is offered or previously have taken you course. Submit these letters online with your application.
- Complete Course Information form and send to ArtCosta@ci.bristol.ct.us , Information Form, Calendar(Fall) , Calendar (Spring), Course Syllabus
- Contact Lawrence Covino at LawrenceCovino@ci.bristol.ct.us for an interview.
- Plan to bring a photo ID, a general course outline of material to cover in your course, and your letters of reference ( if not already submitted.) Following the interview, you will need to watch a 20 minute video, complete I-9 form and state/Federal tax forms.
The process above is standard procedure when hiring personnel in the Bristol Public Schools.
|At your interview, we ask for your course outline or syllabus because:|
- it demonstrates the scope and sequence of information that you plan to present in each of your classes.
- it will serve as a pacing guide for you during the course.
- it serves to make your students aware of what to expect each session.
1. COURSE DESCRIPTION:
The information you provide us will be posted on our website.
2. BUILDING/ROOM LOCATION:
This information is provided online. Plan to arrive early, locate your room and set up for your class. If you find the door is locked or the room is in disarray, call the Adult Education main office to report the problem. Call to inform this office if you have any problems with the staff. We cannot assist you if we are not aware of any problem.
3. CLASS LIST:
We will email you as an attachment or FAX, your class list. If you do not have email, you will need to stop by and pick it up BEFORE your class/session starts.
4. PAYROLL/TIME SHEETS: NEW!
Timesheets will be processed at the end of each course or by session. You have the option of either (1) pre-signing your timesheet(s), which will be available after September 15th or (2) we can e-mail the timesheet to you for your signature & you will need to bring it back to this office or mail it.
5. CLASS ATTENDANCE/INCLEMENT WEATHER:
We do not require that you submit an attendance sheet for your class. If your class is offered, it is because your enrollment meets our criteria. However, all students must be accounted for and if someone is not on your list, report the name to this office. DO NOT COLLECT any money. If a class is cancelled due to inclement weather, we will attempt to notify students & to reschedule the session, either by e-mail or phone.
All students who register for courses will be sent an online ACE Survey to complete.
7. PAY RATE:
The following guidelines have been established for pay rate:
- If you are a certified teacher, the rate of pay is $27.00/hour. NO planning or prep time is added to your timesheet. You are allocated a pay rate per hour of your course.
- If you offer a course which requires specific certification and/or expertise, and provide copies of certificates you received for your training, your pay rate may be $25/hr for a new instructor and negotiable pending enrollment the next semester.
- If your course does not require specific certification, but it is a craft you may enjoy and want to share with others, your pay rate may be $15/hr for a new instructor and negotiable pending enrollment the next semester.
- If you are not seeking payment for your course, be sure you indicate parameters for running your workshop, such as course minimum enrollment.